- Academic Affairs/Provost
- Academic Calendars
- Class Schedule
- Colleges & Majors
- Faculty Senate
- Hornet Bookstore
- University Library
News & Events
- Campus Calendar
- Capital Public Radio
- Sac State Leader
- Sac State Magazine
- Ticket Office
- University Experts Guide
Safety & Wellness
- Campus Safety
- ENS (Emergency Notification System)
- Environmental Health & Safety
- NoonTime/AfterWork Wellness
- Police Department
- Sexual Violence Awareness Resources
- The WELL
Information Resources and Technology
What is PrintSmart?
- What is PrintSmart?
- PrintSmart is a self-supporting program that allows students to copy and print from campus printers from either a lab station or a person laptop or device.
- Lab and Print Stations
- PrintSmart provides options for both black and white, and color printing at campus computer labs or print stations.
- PrintSmart Campus Locations
- Driving Printing
- Driver Printing gives student the convenience of printing directly from personal laptop, as they would on a home printer.
- Installing PrintSmart driver printing for PC
- Installing Print driver printing for Mac
- PrintSmart is enabled for AirPrint, which is an Apple technology that lets you print from directly from iOS devices (e.g. an iPhone or an iPad). In order to use AirPrint, you must install the PaperCut iOS app.
- Using PrintSmart AirPrint
- Web Print
- Web Print enables students to print from their laptop or device, so long as it is connected to the campus wireless network. Although you don't need to install any applications or drivers to use Web Print, print rendering and queue times are significantly slower than Driver Printing. We advise that you install Driver Printing if you feel that the Web Print queue is too long.
- Using PrintSmart Web Printing
Print Credits and Cost
- Print Credits
Students receive $9 in free print credits at the beginning of each semester. You can add funds to your OneCard at Value Transfer Stations if you have used all of your free print credits. If you are a university guest, please know that Courtesy Cards and Value Transfer Stations only take cash, and not credit or debit cards.
Free print credits do not roll over to the next semester
- Print Cost
- Unless there is a specific need, we advise that students print double-sided in order to minimize print cost and paper usage.
- Black and white (single-sided): $.08 per page
- Black and white (double-sided): $.06 per page
- Color (single-sided): $.55 per page
- Color (double-sided): $.36 per page
- Refunds and reprints are offered under certain circumstances and can be submitted through PaperCut, our print management software.
- Requesting PrintSmart Refunds or Reprints
- Current students with print credits on their OneCard or university guests with Courtesy Cards.
- Response Time
- We make a best effort to respond to requests within our business hours. Incidents or issues are prioritized according to their urgency and impact to the campus community. In addition, we proactively monitor our device supply levels so that we can refill them as soon as they are low.
- Business Hours
- 8 to 5 PM (Weekdays)
- AIRC 2005 (during business hours)