- Academic Affairs/Provost
- Academic Calendars
- Class Schedule
- Colleges & Majors
- Faculty Senate
- Hornet Bookstore
- University Library
News & Events
- Campus Calendar
- Capital Public Radio
- Sac State Leader
- Sac State Magazine
- Ticket Office
- University Experts Guide
Safety & Wellness
- Campus Safety
- ENS (Emergency Notification System)
- Environmental Health & Safety
- NoonTime/AfterWork Wellness
- Police Department
- Sexual Violence Awareness Resources
- The WELL
Information Resources and Technology
SacLink Accounts FAQ
- Information Audience
- All campus community members
What is a SacLink account and why do I need one?
A SacLink account is your electronic identity on campus. Every student, faculty, or staff member is eligible for an account. Your account allows you to:
- Access your university computer
- Log in to campus computer labs
- Connect to campus wireless networks
- Host and edit your personal web pages
- Search library databases,
- Access your My Sac State portal
- Access many other campus services and applications.
If there's anything else you need to know about your SacLink account, let us know by calling 916-278-7337.
How do I create my SacLink account?
Student applicants, new faculty, or staff must create their SacLink account to receive university email. If you need an account, just do the following:
- Go to our SacLink account management page.
- Enter the required information and click the "Verify your Identity" button.
- Answer the personal security questions, enter a password, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- If you forget your password, you can answer the personal questions to change your password at any time.
- If you've created your account successfully, your SacLink username and email address will be displayed on the next screen.
What is my SacLink username?
Your SacLInk username is essentially your email address without the @csus.edu. For example, if Herky's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then the username would be herky.
Please note you will use your email@example.com when connecting to Office365 and the eduroam wireless network.
How do I know when to change my password?
Your SacLink account password must be changed annually. You will receive automated notices in the days before your password expires. It will also tell you how many days you have left before your password expires. If your password expires, you will not able to access your account until it's been changed.
How can I change my password?
To change your password:
- Go to our Password Manager on your device or browser.
- Enter your SacLink username.
- Select either Use my current password or I have forgotten my password.
- If you've forgotten your security questions, you will need to answer your security questions.
- You can also select Personal questions to change your security questions and answers.
What if I have forgotten my SacLink password?
If you've forgotten your password, can't change it by following the above steps, or if you have forgotten your security question, contact our office so that we can help you, In order to protect your account, we will need to speak with you in person or through the phone to rest your password. You can reach us at the following number and times.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Weekend: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
What if I have forgotten my SacLink username?
If you have forgotten your username, you can retrieve it by going to our SacLink account management page and entering the required information. Your SacLink username will be displayed on the screen.
I just registered my account, but I can't log in. What are my options?
It can take up to 24 hours for the system to process your request. If you are having trouble logging in right away, try again later, and make sure that you are entering your SacLink username correctly. 'Do not' do any of the following:
- Capitalize your username
- Use any special characters in your username
What should I do if my password is stolen, lost or compromised?
How long will my SacLink account remain active?
- Students who have just graduated will have four consecutive semesters to have access to their SacLink account.
- Students who leave campus for other reasons will have two consecutive semesters to have access to their account.
- Students are recommended to save or export their emails from Outlook, as well as tax forms, transcripts, and other files from the Student Center.
Accounts & Access - KB0010462 by Ian Watts-Willis | Published:2017-02-17 | Updated:2018-04-09 16:06:46 | Views::5,898