- Academic Affairs/Provost
- Academic Calendars
- Class Schedule
- Colleges & Majors
- Faculty Senate
- Hornet Bookstore
- University Library
News & Events
- Campus Calendar
- Capital Public Radio
- Sac State Leader
- Sac State Magazine
- Ticket Office
- University Experts Guide
Safety & Wellness
- Campus Safety
- ENS (Emergency Notification System)
- Environmental Health & Safety
- NoonTime/AfterWork Wellness
- Police Department
- Sexual Violence Awareness Resources
- The WELL
Information Resources and Technology
From the drop down menu in the Use field, choose Select Software.
Set up your department Xerox print device for Mac
This article provides instructions for setting up your Xerox print device if you are a faculty or staff member and are using a Mac OS device.
- Information Audience
- Faculty and staff
Before You Begin
To print from your Mac workstation to your Xerox device, please ensure you have the following:
- Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- Are connected to the campus network
- Know your department printer queue name
Locate and Install Print Drivers
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click the lock icon to unlock the Printers & Scanners preferences.Then enter your administrator name and password.
- Click the + icon to add your printer.
- In the top menu, select IP to enter an IP address.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Address: <The print server where the print queue is located: e.g., sacprint2.saclink.csus.edu>
- Protocol: <You may leave the default value: Line Printer Daemon - LPD>
- Queue: <The name of the print queue. This is listed on the sticker affixed to the printer>
- Name: <How you want to label or name the printer. If you have multiple printers in the same office, you may want to give it a unique name to differentiate it from other printers>
- Location: <The printer's location. This field is optional>
- User: <The print driver - refer to the next step>
- Select the name of your printer from the list of options. Click OK (you can use the filter box to locate the printer).
- If you cannot find your printer, you will need to visit its manufacturer's website to obtain and install the driver.
- After being returned to the previous screen. Verify the information and click Add when ready.
- As your computer tries to connect to the printer, you may see the following pop-up window. If this appears for you, click on Configure to proceed.
- Once you have verified that all configurations are correct, click OK to finalize the setup.
Print, Copy, and Scan - KB0011030 by Long Lim | Published:2015-06-19 | Updated:2017-09-08 11:10:36 | Views::3
Version 1.4.2 (release notes)